The Society's headquarters, library and archive collections are at the new Somerset Heritage Centre.
Books can be borrowed from this collection by Members of the Society. Membership also entitles you
- use of the Members' Room of the Museum of Somerset in Taunton Castle,
- free entry to the the Museum of Rural life in the Abbey Barn at Glastonbury,
- a free copy of the Society's annual Proceedings and Newsletters,
- free entry to some of the Society's events
- free use of the Members' meeting rooms in the Castle and Heritage Centre.
The Society caters for the
needs of the naturalist, archaeologist and historian by arranging a comprehensive programme of lectures,
excursions, excavations, field meetings, and social gatherings and enables members of similar interests
to meet and exchange ideas. The Society continues to be the only organisation of its kind covering the
whole of the historic County of Somerset.
You can become a Member of the Society by completing the Application Form found by clicking the logo on the left or by visiting the online shop and purchasing an appropriate membership.
Our membership year runs from 1 January to 31 December each year. If you join after 1 October your membership will cover the period up to December 31st in the following
year. If you are a UK income or corporation tax payer, the Society would be very grateful for your completion of the 'Gift Aid' form attached to the Application Form.